Becky turned me onto this salad, originally from Cooking Light. Now we use it more as a guide than a recipe. For example, yesterday Chris only bought a small bag (4oz) of arugula so that’s all I used. On other days I’ve used a big tub. Yesterday i wanted a simply filling version so I used fat free feta and whole wheat orzo. Becky often uses corkscrew pasta instead. Last night I added sliced fresh fig to mine but not Chris’s … you get the idea.
- 1C uncooked whole wheat orzo
- 18oz Purdue Short Cuts Original Roasted chicken breast, chopped
- 4+oz baby arugula (I’ve used spinach as well with a quick chop)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1-2C grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4-1/2C red onion, diced
- 2T fresh basil, chopped
- 2t fresh oregano, chopped
- 1T good extra virgin olive oil
- 2T red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4oz fat free Feta
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile I just mix everything else except oil and vinegar. Add the cooked pasta, oil and vinegar and toss.
As above it’s Simply Filling on Weight Watchers but if you’re counting points, at 4 servings, it’s 7 points.
Next time I’m going to make it with Farro.